CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Horse Camp


Kayla spent this week at Western Pleasure Horse Ranch for horsemanship camp. She was able to coordinate with some of her friends from last year and reunite for camp this week.

She rode Peaches again this year and was awarded the "Best Pair" award for the camper and horse that look best and work best together. I have to admit, they are pretty darn cute together. Kayla loved taking care of Peaches and spending the week at one of the prettiest ranches we've ever seen.

Kayla and Peaches loping

Kayla and I planned for some special Mother/Daughter time on the last day of camp. We stayed an extra night and had a wonderful time talking, eating great food and sleeping in a beautiful place. We went for a two hour trail ride the next morning. It was some of the best girl time I've had in awhile...a great gift for both of us!


Kayla rode Peaches and I rode Taga, a beautiful Paint Quarterhorse Mare. I loved Taga...but I think she's still making up her mind about me. She pretty much knew what she wanted to do and it wasn't always what I was aiming for...but I miss her already. We're already hoping for more Mother/Daughter/Peaches/Taga time next summer.

1 comments:

Kayla Jode said...

I had such a great time with you!! I really hope that we can do that again next year!! Are you planning on riding Taga again or do you want me to rack my brain for a more responsive and calm horse? Lol love you!!